Sunday, September 22, 2019

"See You at The Pole"


"See You at The Pole"


Are you familiar with the “See You at The Pole” events throughout the United States and some other countries? 


Join in on Wednesday, September 25, 2019. 


It takes place on the fourth Wednesday of September each year. Though student initiated, anyone in the community can take place. As a grandparent and a citizen, I join others gathered at flagpoles on this special morning before school begins. Since I live in a small city and the times for prayer are staggered, I can participate in each of the three gatherings. We have a primary school, an elementary school, and our intermediate and high school share the same flagpole. 
Photo by Connie Wohlford



“See You at The Pole” is well organized and they even have an app (of course!). You can find information at the web site: https://syatp.com/


Their Facebook page is very helpful. People can even post pictures there and many communities have their own page and or “Event” posted. 


Check out the page: https://www.facebook.com/myseeyouatthepole/


This year’s theme is “IF …” referencing 2 Chronicles 7:15.


Check out this video:

https://www.facebook.com/myseeyouatthepole/videos/267701590529107/


Here is some general information from their FB page: 


About


See You at The Pole is always the 4th Wednesday of September. This year, SYATP DAY is 9.25.19. Global Week of Student Prayer is September 22-28, 2019.

Pray to God with your friends in middle school, high school, college - as you pray for one another and your friends, school, community, country, and world.
Get free resources on the website to plan and promote your prayer time.
Please Share this page on yours and follow it on Twitter: @SeeYouAtThePole.
Page administrators reserve the right to remove comments or links we feel disrupt the purpose and goal of this ministry. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns regarding this matter.

General Information

See You at the Pole is about student-initiated, student-led prayer. Our dream is that a day committed to global prayer, especially at schools, would be a springboard to praying year-round, leading to a moral and spiritual awakening as students seek to love and serve their schools.


Founding Date  1990


ProductsYou don't need to buy anything to do See You at the Pole. But tee shirts, promotional DVDs, posters and other products are available if you want them. Check out the website: www.syatp.com.

See what students say about "See You At The Pole:"
 https://www.facebook.com/connie.wohlford/posts/2397704643600031?__xts__[0]=68.ARCe_w2nyW4Y9y-pIdkRC1dK50_i0a6NxfwF2J8DOp1yg_8LCdnDD3hfLw3Wy-2n6xIFWRuzAbrcQOH23TVcX73tFh9s2T4wuT3XfOyo8Lta8QEbvpdm1Y03My0NhajgzHROJtWDHD4MyeKqF2vzsI4FbTD7UcQELpV3H9MbhfMkTpwe6t-deQEPCNrhX66_P7Lzt1iU2LJ27H0nY2L1wzaza5TQ95ZW4KUOQ0pvcMmX19NJZmo8NPQVGiJVnxMUcUs-Z-1FCYlErWKb3VYxcG6UHULW76tGSkA6JeTUbk1br6te6HhtW7jbSgBM9O3qG81_BAtY8hMYWERDrkO5py268l2LDpqpYA&__tn__=-R



Please share your experiences from “See You at the Pole.”

12 comments:

  1. In all honesty Ms. Connie; I don't remember ever hearing of this. What a great idea! Your post inspires me to seek an event near me and join in. I often pray for our schools and the children attending. We've met at the courthouse and prayed for our government, community, and nation. I can't think of a single time I've prayed around a flagpole. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J.D., I believe lots of people have not heard about this which is why I did this post. I'm trying to spread the word.
      I'm gratified that you responded in such a positive way. I hope you find a gathering to join on Wednesday.
      Last year, I saw a picture where one child stood alone at his school's flagpole praying. It was so moving! The SYATP Facebook will probably post photos sent to them from around the country.

      Delete
  2. Connie, I've covered this for my newspaper in the past - it's well-received in my area, and a lot of kids show up!! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that wonderful, Julie. It must be exciting to cover things like this as a Christian journalist. Good for you!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting to make others aware of this event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Barbara. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  4. As the author of a prayer book to teach people how to pray for our nation. I love seeing students come together and pray. This is a wonderful event. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Joshua. I still haven't gotten you book yet but plan to.

      Delete
  5. I remember participating in this event as a teenager when it first came out. I am so glad we still have the freedom to gather and pray for our schools and our nation. Thanks for bringing awareness to this amazing event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Shawnee. It's great that you had the opportunity to participate when you were in school.
      So many people still don't know of this annual event and I love to help spread the word.

      Delete