Thursday, March 19, 2015

Welcome, as I launch God’s Word – Our Destiny.

Welcome, as I launch God’s Word – Our Destiny.

I blog because I want to share my passion for God and His Word, the Bible. That same passion led me to write children’s books because I want my grandchildren to know and love God and His Word. I currently have four self-published picture story books, with the fifth one to be released within weeks. You can read a little more about that in my bio. [If interested in order info, please contact me through email or Facebook]

I’ve also written a few Bible studies that have been used in a small group in my home church. None have been published but I hope that will change soon.
 
SO what’s so great about God’s Word?
 
 
Of the Word of God, King David said, “Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.”  Psalm 119:105.

The Apostle Paul remarked, “The Word of God is quick (living) and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12.

Knowledge of the above scriptures, that some of us have known much of our lives, should be enough to compel us to faithfully and diligently read, study, know and live the Word of God.  After all, your/my Bible is the representation of Jesus that we can literally hold in our hands, press to our hearts, and see with our earthly eyes. What’s not to love? What’s not to desire?

What to expect from this BLOG ---

God’s Word – Our Destiny will be more than extoling accolades of Scripture. Though we can’t say enough of its value.

I’ll blog about LIFE. You know --- family, personal experiences, personal relationships, Bible, church, Bible study, travel, cooking, and so on. [I must include cooking! I love to cook and am a diehard foodie. AND I’ll include recipes from time to time.]

Speaking of time, I know yours is valuable so I’ll try hard not to bore you. If you think you can enjoy and even benefit from this blog I hope you’ll sign up and follow. If you have comments, I’d love to hear them. Even if their “constructive,” I want to know. Do be kind and of course be honest.

And did I tell you I’m a poet? I’ll close with a poem and pray you’ll be blessed as you read: 

Beyond Myself 

Beyond myself - God's Word is true.
He teaches me my whole life through.
Though life brings trials, toils, and snares,
Beyond myself, I cast my cares.
 

I say, "But human's all I am"
He says, "You're more than just a man."
I have excuses for my short comings.
He says, "With Me, you quit your slumming." 

Mediocrity has been my ride.
"Just get by." has been my pride.
But Jesus said to come up higher.
“My plan for you -- your heart's desire.” 

"But, Jesus, how can I do so?
I'm only human, that you know.
My weaknesses, my faults, my doubts!
Go figure, Lord, what I'm about!" 

"Am I a man that I should lie?
My Word is Truth, so don't be shy.
I shed my blood that you could be
Beyond yourself and be set free!"
  
                                     Connie Wohlford,  June 22, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment